|Formula 1 upgrade for the London Bus|
|Less weight and noise with Zytel|
|Mitsubishi acquires CFRP manufacturer|
|Winning combinations from Gurit|
|Teijin at the China Composites Expo|
|Nanocellulose to compete with carbon?|
|3D printing for new engineered cores|
|C-Grid comes to Europe|
|Handy app for composites from OC|
|DSM invests in NanoHoldings|
Royal DSM has made an investment in NanoHoldings, a company specialising in breakthrough nanotechnology discoveries in the field of energy. Financial details of the investment will not be disclosed.
To date these have included:
• eBox – a new generation of power management solutions for residential use.
• Military Tech’s NeutronWand – a wide area neutron detector designed to enable the highly efficient, accurate screening of large trucks and shipping containers for the detection of fissile materials in minute quantities.
• The super strong and durable materials manufactured by NanoComposites Inc.
• nFishgill’s technology based on advanced nanocomposite structures in the form of membranes that significantly reduces energy, capital and operating costs for water treatment.
• NIRVision’s infrared-sensing, enhanced night-vision technology.
• Foundational technology utilising new polymers and materials designed to function in conjunction with nanomaterials to enhance device properties by nRadiance Composite Systems.
• Superior materials for energy generation and storage devices utilizing Versafilm with out any noble metal developed by nRadiance Energy Systems.
• The proprietary Versafilm thin films made from high-quality single-walled carbon nanotubes, as a next generation transparent conducting thin film technology by nRadiance NanoSystems.
• nSolgel’s ZeroCrete – an environmentally friendly replacement for cement utilizing the fly ash waste by-product from coal-burning thermal power plants.
• nVerPix carbon nanotube-enabled, light emitting, thin film transistor technology which realizes energy efficiencies in next generation displays for televisions, computer and PDA screens.
• Paramata solutions for the remote monitoring of the structural integrity of high value engineered materials, such as composite aircraft.
DSM Venturing invests in start-up companies with a focus on emerging technologies, developments and activities that are strategically important to DSM.
“DSM has a strong interest in nanotechnology as an important enabler in materials sciences and is already working on new developments that make use of this technology,” says Marcel Wubbolts, Chief Technology Officer at DSM. “NanoHoldings’ unique business provides us with additional open innovation potential in nanotechnology, enabling DSM to develop new business opportunities.”